Welcome to the Office of Community Engagement!
Among the organizations participating in this year’s Community Engagement and Volunteer Service Fair are:
• American Diabetes Association
• American Lung Association in California
• American Red Cross
• Arrowhead United Way
• Arrowhead United Way/CalPREP
• Braille Institute
• C.A.S.A of San Bernardino County
• Children's Foundation of America
• Children's Network - Mentoring Task force
• CSUSB Student Recreation and Fitness Center
• Girl Scouts of San Gorgonio Council
• Habitat for Humanity, San Bernardino Area
• Helping Hands Pantry
• Home of Neighborly Services
• House of Ruth
• Kids Cure Foundation
• Kids That Code
• Knowledge and Education for Your Success Inc. (KEYS Inc.)
• Loma Linda Medical Center- Volunteer Services
• Loma Linda Ronald McDonald House
• March of Dimes
• Mary's Mercy Center
• Mountain Counseling and Training, Inc.
• Operation New Hope
• ONE Campaign
• Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties
• Project Access
• Promise Scholars, Inland Empire United Way
• Reach Out West End
• San Bernardino County of Behavioral Health
• Susan G. Komen for the Cure - Inland Empire
• The Humane Society of San Bernardino Valley
• THINK Together
Annual Community Engagement and Volunteer Service Fair to be held on Oct. 2
Cal State San Bernardino will host its annual Community Engagement and Volunteer Service Fair on Thursday, October 2, 2014 from 10 a.m. -2 p.m. in front lawn of the Pfau Library. All CSUSB students are encouraged to attend.
The Community Engagement and Volunteer Service Fair is hosted by CSUSB’s Office of Community Engagement to help students develop a better understanding of the nonprofits that serve the community and assist students seeking meaningful opportunities to engage in the community. The event is also designed to encourage students to be engaged in volunteer service and enhance their professional development and career readiness through service learning.
Beginning at 10 a.m., CSUSB students will have the opportunity to meet with representatives from over 30 local based community agencies.
Following the fair is the service project and free movie screening. Both events are hosted by the Office of Community Engagement and John M. Pfau Library. Our students will make care kits to give to our neighbors in need and then afterwards the free movie screening of the film “Neighbors."
For more information, contact us at (909) 537-3793.
CSUSB 'Yotes make sure you stop by at our fair tomorrow, we will be raffling off tons of items donated by Admissions and Student Recruitment, Career Development, Follett, M.B.A., Pass Go and Student Leadership and Development!
After the Community Engagement and Service Volunteer Fair, CSUSB students can volunteer by helping put together some Coyote Care Kits, which will give to those in need. So stop by at 5:30 p.m. and volunteer! CSUSB volunteers will get a chance to be entered into our drawing and win some of our amazing prizes. Volunteers will also get free nachos during the free film screening of the movie "Neighbors."
What: Service Project - making Coyote Care Kit
When: Thursday, Oct. 2, 2014 at 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Where: Pfau Library Lawn
Stay tuned, MyPawprint website is coming soon!
2014 Late Night at Rec Sports event
Our OCE staff joining our CSUSB students at the 2014 Late Night! We had a blast and we had a total of 141 CSUSB students pledged to live like a Coyote! Thank you to all of the students that stopped by our table and took picture at our photo booth.